Thanks for your interest in supporting E.K. Powe!
The fundraising committee raises money to fund the PTA's budget each year. The yearly budget includes items like:
- Teacher reimbursements: Teachers often buy crucial classroom supplies with their own money
- Gardens and outdoor spaces that promote cooperative learning, instill an appreciation for nature, inspire responsibility for our environment and support healthful living
- After-school programs that provide meaningful opportunities for all children to thrive
- Book collections in the library and in classrooms
- Access to high-quality, educational field trips for all students, regardless of their ability to pay
- Equity by providing Spanish translation services at all PTA functions
There are many ways you can contribute to fundraising at Powe!
- Dine Out Nights: We hold almost monthly “Dine Out for Powe” nights at locally owned restaurants close to our school.
- Harris Teeter: Link your VIC card to our school code: #2161. Harris Teeter will donate a percentage of sales to Powe.
- Kroger: Link your Kroger card to our school code: #94183. Kroger will donate a percentage of sales to Powe.
- Amazon Smile: A percentage of sales made through smile.amazon.com is paid in cash to our PTA. Simply click the link and shop! Like Harris Teeter and Kroger, you have to designate your non-profit in order for your purchases to count for Powe, which is listed as "PTA North Carolina Congress E K Powe School PTA."
- Box Tops for Education: Cut your boxtops (make sure they are not expired) and drop them off to your classroom teacher or the bowl in the cafeteria.
- Primary clothing: A percentage of sales made through www.primary.com/school/ekpowe is paid in cash to our PTA. New customers get 20% off their first order with the code: EKPOWE.
- Friends of Powe: You can make a cash or credit card contribution anytime through our annual giving program, Friends of Powe. Donations are accepted at the school (checks made out to EK Powe PTA) or you can make a credit card gift online at http://www.ekpowe.org/donate/.